On the podcast: Leveraged loan warning signsJanuary 27, 2023
In the first episode of Season 7, we take a look at the clouds gathering in the US and European leveraged loan markets. In the US market, we discuss sector-specific stress (3:00), our restructuring watch list (4:52), the near-term maturity wall (6:30), the CLO market (9:11), and secondary market gains in 2023 (10:35). We then discuss the European market (11:34), looking at the maturity wall (11:59), loan issuance (13:10), our loan market survey (14:30), and the credit quality of loans in the European Leveraged Loan Index (21:07). Our research analysts cap the episode with key indicators to track going forward (24:00).
- PitchBook/LCD webinar: 2022 US leveraged loan and private credit market analysis and 2023 outlook
- LCD US Leveraged Finance Survey infographic
- LCD European Leveraged Finance Survey infographic
- 2023 US Leveraged Finance Survey: Stress may be less severe, but longer-lasting
- US high-yield distressed ranks soar in 2022, highlighting evolving market stress
- Credit quality declines for European leveraged loans amid ratings shift
In this episode
Senior News Desk Manager, PitchBook/LCD
Director, LCD Research Group
After joining S&P/LCD in 2014, Rachelle honed her leveraged finance background covering the distressed debt market; placing particular emphasis on unearthing the detail behind the balance sheet maneuvers of companies on the brink and market-moving trends as they relate to stress identifiers in broader market indices. Before joining LCD, Rachelle wrote for Reuters and IFR on the US high-yield corporate bond market in New York, and prior to that on sovereign and covered bonds as a markets reporter in London. Rachelle got her start as a research analyst at Thomson Financial and post-graduate roles at UBS and WestLB.
Head of Credit Research, EMEA, PitchBook/LCD
Join the more than 1.5 million industry professionals who get our daily newsletter!
Thanks for commenting
Our team will review your remarks prior to publishing.
Please check back soon to see them live.